- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College: CSULB,USD
- Occupation: Associate Faculty SBCC
- Message: Recently retired from teaching high school nine years. Still teaching college and now buying and selling cars as well (Auto Broker). Married eighteen years and have a son who is 9 yrs. old and a daughter 3 yrs. old. Living in Dana Point Ca. for the past fifteen years and love it. Close to surfing, my office and the college. Miss some of my friends and hope to connect with them soon! Went back to Castle Park in December of 2000, much has changed, however the feelings came back soon after I walked the halls! Hope to hear from some friends soon. Bob Bashor.
Cindy Bell (now Kassotis)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Occupation: Application Consultant Lawson Software
- Message: Hi - this is so great! I was teaching a training class at Scripps Clinic and a student in my class was a CPH alumnus and told me about this website! Chet and I just celebrated our 29th anniversary on March 4th! Who would have guessed! Chet manages a CEMEX aggregate facility in Azusa, CA and I am a consultant with Lawson Software. We have three adults, CJ (27) married in May 2000 to Jessica, Andy (23) attending his 6th year at University of Utah on a Football scholarship, and Kristy (22) finishing up her 5th year at the University of Toledo on a Softball scholarship - the two younger ones will be moving back home in May..... Hope we are going to have an event for our 30th reunion. Let us know, Cindy.
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Occupation: Quality Engineer
- Message: Just working and going to Bike rallies.
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Company Home Page: http://tcdsinconline.com
- Occupation: Construction Company
- Message: Well this has been a while. Found Randy Horton living near by and got back in touch. Not sure I remember much from that year. Lucky for me my kids haven't considered half of what we did. Yet. May the grandkids will. Skips a generation I hear.
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Home Page: http://www.november.org
- College: Lutheran Bible Institute
- Occupation: Executive Director of The November Coalition
- Message: Hi old friends... ooops, shouldn't say the "old" word. I have 2 grown children - Jacob and Talitha. Jacob and his wife Jennifer have 2 little girls. Talitha and hubby Dan have a little boy and girl. Gramma to 4! I am an activist - check out our homepage http://www.november.org I am against the drug war - it's a war on people, not really on substances - don't get me started.I am going to try hard to make our 30th reunion.Hope to hear from some of you. Nora
Deborah "Debi" Chastain (now Buchta)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Occupation: Administrative Support Assistant
- Message: I'm an Administrative Support Assistant, working here in San Diego at North Island, been there 15 years. I'm married for the second time and have two daughters, 19 and 16, and two step children, 21 and 19. I still live in Chula Vista, in fact I bought my parent's house! I still keep in touch with Nora Callahan. We were best friends in school and still are! Would love to hear from anyone who remembers me!
Arlene Cook (now Higbee)
- E-Mail: Pearlimoon@aol.com
- College: Home Improvement
- Occupation: Dispatch Agent
- Message: Am married (second) with two teenagers, Jeffrey 16, Natalie 14. Am still living in San Diego in El Cajon. In fact my brother Vincent Cook still lives in the house I grew up in! Went to cosmetology school, been there done that for 25 years. Learned from home courses about computers and started using them as a source of income. Who isn't now??? Nothing spectacular, but would like to hear from all classmates of 71. Wonder what happened to all of them anyway?
Jerrie Covington (now Newton)
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Occupation: Food Service
- Message: Hi I didn't graduate at castle park but I went two years.....I lived in Chula Vista most of my childhood......then moved on to Arizona.....I have 4 children ranging from 13 to 28.....My best friend in school was Marybeth Lewis....and Eileen Rowe. I now live in Milton Washington, with my husband of two and a half years.....we met on the internet in Nov of 98..met in person in June of 99 and that was it...married on April 28th of 2000......I hope to hear from anyone that I went to school with....or with any information on where Marybeth Lewis is now.....
Rebekah "Beckie" Cullison (now Olivos)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Message: I have been living in North County San Diego for the past few years. I have two children. My son is grown and on his own and my daughter is still at home with me. I am now working at Harrah's in Rincon. My main activities right now are spending time with family and friends, camping and painting ceramics. Feel free to send me an email!
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Occupation: Electrician/Instrumentation Tech.
- Message: Currently separated, and still in the San Diego area. I have three beautiful children, and six lovely grandchildren.
Becky Derrick (now Torres)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Occupation: Registered Nurse
- Message: Regrettably, I didn't graduate from CP, but moved in my junior year to the LA area. I ended up in No. CA, Santa Cruz, a paradise in terms of geography and weather. I have been a late, late bloomer in terms of career, one year ago becoming an RN. I've had much interesting life experience, though, and at this point am considering returning to school to become a midwife. I had all my babies at home, am proud of this fact. My eldest of three girls, Delilah, is a hair dresser, tattooed, and a beautiful lesbian woman. My other two, Maura and Alina are absolute hell raisers at 14 and 17, driving their mother crazy. I hope and pray we all get through the next five years alive!! No. Ca is considerably different than the Military-influenced San Diego of my childhood yet both places gave me lots to grow on. A couple of years ago I finally found a Real Man, "Larry my love," who recognized my sterling qualities right away!! He's a hydrologist for the US geological survey and has his roots in So CA as well. Our love for nature, in particular the Redwood forests, is some of the glue that holds us together. Larry has five kids, Jessica 17, Sara 15, Katee 14, Josh 12 and Taylor 8. Eight is enough, doncha think?? Anyway I may go to this special reunion that is happening late October of this year and if not, definitely next years 30th. Does anybody remember me? please send E-mail if you do. Thank you for the opportunity to connect with old classmates on this web site!!
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College: Bakersfield College
- Occupation: Retired
Josie Elkins (now Coleman)
- E-Mail: SNDNMYSUIT@AOL.COM
- Occupation: FINANCE/ACCOUNTING
- Message: HELLO EVERYONE, I JUST CAME ACROSS THIS SITE PLAYING AROUND ON THE COMPUTER. JUST READING ABOUT SOME OF YOU BRING BACK THOSE GOOD 'OL CPHS DAYS. WHERE DID THE YEARS GO? I GOT MARRIED IN 1973 TO MY HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEART, MIKE COLEMAN (CLASS OF 1970). WE JUST CELEBRATED OUR 34TH ANNIVERSARY IN JULY. WE HAVE TWO GROWN SONS. BRANDON (29) AND JEROD (28). BRANDON (LIVING IN VISTA)IS MARRIED AND GOING TO BE MAKING US PROUD GRANDPARENTS ANY DAY NOW. WE KEEP WAITING FOR THAT PHONE CALL. JEROD IS A CIVIL ENGINEER LIVING IN CARLSBAD. STILL LOOKING FOR THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE. WE ARE DEFINITELY PROUD OF BOTH OF THEM.WE HAVE OUR HOME IN RAMONA, CA AND IT'S RURAL ENOUGH TO BE OUT OF THE HUSSLE AND BUSSLE. WE ALSO HAVE A CONDO IN ENCINITAS, CA WHERE WE SPEND MOST WEEKENDS ENJOYING THE BEACH AND THE SURF (AFTER ALL I MARRIED MOONDOGGIE WHO DOESN'T MISS A CHANCE TO CATCH THAT PERFECT WAVE. I'M ON MY 26TH YEAR WORKING IN THE FINANCE OFFICE OF A PUBLIC UTILITY. WILL BE RETIRING IN THE NEXT FOUR I IMAG!
INE. MIKE IS WORKING ON HIS RETIREMENT PAPERS AND PLANNING ON RETIRING THIS DECEMBER. HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOME OF YOU.
Pamela Erner (now Darling)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- College: University of Ca. Santa Barbara
- Occupation: CPA
- Message: Hi! I was not fortunate enough to graduate from Castle Park. My dad was in the Navy and he was transferred to Monterey in the middle of my junior year at Castle Park. But, while attending Castle Park, I met a lot of nice people and have often wondered what happened to them. I hope some of you will remember me and email me and tell me about yourself. I am a CPA. I own a practice with one partner in Salinas, Ca. I am married and have been married to John Darling since April 1978. I have one son, who is 18 and about to graduate from high school. (Time flies!) My husband is with the Monterey County Sheriff's Dept and has been for about 22 years.
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Occupation: Teacher
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- College: U of Maryland, 1982
- Occupation: Russian Interpreter
- Message: Greetings to my classmates! I, too, moved away before graduation. I left in October of our senior year for Florida, where I attended the U of Florida (Go Gators!). Eventually graduated from Maryland (Go Terps!) in 1982 (it's a long story). I've worked for the government for 26 years now. I love being a Russian interpreter. Takes me to countries no American would want to visit, but the work is fun and challenging, and I enjoy traveling, soooo... I'm married for the second time, have a son graduating from Emory University (Atlanta) this year and another who's a freshman at UMBC (just outside Baltimore). I'm hoping we'll have a 30th reunion this year. Please let me know if we do. A special hello to my best buds: Robert Hancock, Mike Griffith, Les (you know who you are), Ms Turley (or whatever your name is now), and of course to my sister Kathy (class of '73) who's still in Chula Vista. Ciao for now from just outside our nation's capital (between DC and Annapolis)!
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Occupation: Production Planner
- Message: As of 11/15/08 Hello everyone. I'm married to my wife Jill for now 26 years, we have two boys, ages 18 and 21. Sounds weird to say I now have to adult children. I work for General Atomics Aeronautical Systems in Rancho Bernardo as a Manufacturing Planner. Jill and I do volunteer work with Lions, Tigers and Bears in Alpine. Check out their website and help if you can. Haven't been in touch with many classmates, but hope to hear from classmates at anytime. Take care of yourself and others.
Roberta "Bobbi" Golder (now Colabella)
- E-Mail: Pipedreams3@home.com
- Occupation: Accounting/Business Management
- Message: Hi! After high school I got married and have been for 29+ years to my husband Steve. Steve is a Plumbing Contractor and has been in business in San Diego County for the past 16 years. I tend to the books and do the dispatching. Before working solely with Steve, I was a Dental Assistant, Physical Therapy Assistant, Bookkeeper and Office Manager for various Companies. We moved back here after living first in Germany for two years while Steve was in the Army and then in Tacoma, Washington where we stayed for 7 years post-Army and had a plumbing business there also. When we moved back to Chula Vista I worked for a Gold Jewelry Wholesaler/Manufacturer as their Sales Assistant and Cost Accountant. We have one son, Andy who is 18 & works for us full-time now. Now we are having the most wonderful experience of being Grandparents. Our grandson Andrew is almost 2 years old and never lets us have a dull moment. We spend most of our weekends on our boat that is moored in Mission Bay, and enjoy fishing, cruising and chasing dolphins. It would be nice to hear from some old friends. Please get in touch.
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- College: Wheaton College
- Occupation: Self Employed
- Message: Currently (2009) living in Seattle, Washington. Own a small construction company, currently writing a few books and director of a non-profit. Just visited with Richard Ugale last week (June 15th, 2009) in Chula Vista and had a long chat with Robert Ganze, who I had not been in contact with for over 35 years. Wish there were more of us on the site. I get down often and would like to catch up a few more old friends.
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Occupation: RET.U.S.ARMY/ TRUCK DRIVER
- Message: I hope all is well with the class of 1971. I live in Chesapeake Virginia with my wife Linda. We've been married for 17 years. We each have 2 grown children and now have 2 grandchildren. I work full-time as a truck driver and I've been teaching the motorcycle safety class for the past 18 years on weekends. I've also done some work for Blackwater U.S.A. For recreation I ride my 2000 Dyna WideGlide H.D. and my horse Jolie. I also do Civil War Reenactments with Jolie in the 15th VA Cavalry.( So y'all come back East and see us, ya hear?!!)
Leslie Herrick (now Hawkins)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Occupation: Security Director
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College: Southwestern/University of Phoenix
- Occupation: Sr. Project Facillitator/MBB
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- College: Southwestern and Weber State University
- Occupation: Police Officer/Fire Investigator
- Message: First of all, I have changed email addresses. I remarried in June of 2002. I now have two step children. I am also a grandpa. I am very privileged to have a handsome grandson. I am in the process of starting my own company, Specialty Investigations and Training. My emphasis will be fire investigations and traffic accident reconstruction. I plan on offering training courses in investigations, photography, and first aid related topics. I also work for the Utah Fire and Rescue Academy and Mt. Nebo Training Association, instructing EMS courses, so I do not want to be in direct competition with my training courses. I hope to see some alumni in the near future.
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Occupation: retail management
- Message: Hi, Just thought I would check and see if there was anyone out there still kicking.I would like to hear from anyone.Thanks, Keith.
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- College: SDSU 1976
- Occupation: CPA with Federal government
- Message: Married Carol Meyers (Hilltop '74); celebrating 25th wedding anniversary in June, 2001. Three children: Stephen, 22; Daniel, 18; Amanda, 16. Dabbled in politics- El Centro City Council 1982-85; Tri-City Hospital Board 1998-present. Live in Oceanside. Play online chess. Write letters to the editor. See Joyce Jones regularly and Bill Pentz occasionally. Where have the years gone? Would like to see a 30th reunion that would rival the 20th (aptly organized by William C. Pentz). But maybe we can settle on meeting at a bar on a Friday night and at a park on the following Sunday afternoon. Can Wilt Chamberlain stuff? Randy
Valerie Hovey (now Clague)
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College: Austin Peay State U, Imperial Valley College, University of Montana College of Technology
- Occupation: income tax auditor
- Message: Hi, (April 2008) After graduation, I worked for a year in San Diego and then made several moves and settled down in El Centro with my husband, David (1970 Escondido High). I majored in Environmental Science at Austin Peay State University in Tennessee, art at Imperial Valley College, and accounting at University of Montana. I recently retired from a career of income tax auditing for the government, but I have gone back to work for the Montana Department of Revenue during the tax season. I am also an artist - pen and ink and watercolors plus photo albums. I have a web site where one of my photo albums is featured - eviejeannedesigns.com. My husband and I had 2 daughters. Sadly, our eldest daughter, Hillary, died in 2002. Our younger daughter is married and currently living in Mesa, Arizona with her husband who is a dental student. We have one granddaughter (Hillary's daughter) who lives in Texas and spends her school vacations with us in Montana. She is 11 years old. We love Montana. We moved here in 1990 from El Centro. I would love to hear from anyone who remembers me. I had been in contact with Velinda Slaten, and Arlene Cooks email address on this website seems to be outdated - are you ladies out there??
Cheryl Johnson (now Cobbs)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- College: CSU, Sacramento, St. Mary's University of Minnesota
- Occupation: Fundraiser
- Message: Message: Life continues........ I divorced in 2002, remarried five years ago and continue to live in Sacramento, CA. My husband, Bobby, has two grown children, so now my blended family has blessed me with four children. BJ (26), Cara (24), Amy (30) and Andy (27). They are all wonderful people. For the past 17 years I've been a professional fundraiser. I completed my MA in Philanthropy and Development at St. Mary's University, Minnesota. Currently I work at UC Davis, an amazing university in one of the nation's most bicycle friendly cities. In my spare time, we enjoy wine tasting, golf, bicycling, spending time with the family and working in the yard. I look forward to seeing many of my classmates next summer at our 40th reunion!
Janis Jones (now MacGurn)
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Occupation: Teacher
- Message: Like everyone, my life has changed considerably since 1971. I am currently an eighth grade English teacher in El Cajon and live in a neighboring community. My sons are now grown. Jason is 23, married, and a graduate student in microbiology at University of California, San Francisco. Jeff is 20, and finishing his sophomore year at UCSD. I look forward to seeing all of you at our 30 year reunion. And yes, I'm still Joyce's twin. Take care.
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Occupation: Material Management - Rohr
- Message: My permanent mailing address is: Box 949, Jamul, CA 91935. I can also be reached through pager 619 294-0399.
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Home Page: http://www.edkelleyphotography.com
- Occupation: Photographer
- Message: Living in Texas opperating a photography studio.
Michele Lily (now Porter)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Homepage: http://ies-co.com
- College: Lafayette Academy, RI
- Occupation: Controller, Electrical Contractor
- Message: Married 7 years, lived on the east coast, divorced, fell into El Centro, Ca. where I met my 2nd husband. Celebrating 25 years together. Two daughters, 4 grandchildren and a granddaughter due any day now. I'm currently living in Arlington, WA. My husband and I migrated up here a year ago and are loving it. Up until last year, I made it to Chula Vista every month. Moved my Mom in with us this past December. Loving our quiet life with our daughters and grandkids. Hope to hear from old friends, although it's been a long, long, time. Ran into Randy Horton in El Centro. My daughter's best friend's mom and dad are 71 alumni and living up here too!
Shirley D. Madla
- E-Mail: LAXmadnesss@yahoo.com
- College: Southwestern and San Diego State
- Occupation: Flight Attendant
- E-Mail: KMARS2261@AOL.COM
- Occupation: Sergeant California Highway Patrol
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Message: Hello from Utah!! After graduating from CP in 71 I went on an LDS mission to Holland and Belgium for 2 years. Was married for 22 yrs, she passed away. Had 3 children. I have re-married her name is Diane and she had one child. So now we have 4. Love to hunt and fish Utah is a beautiful place.
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- College: Montana State University
- Occupation: Retired Air Force Officer
- Message: After high school, I joined the Air Force and later completed college through a Masters, majoring in Microbiology. I married Vickie Stoddard (class of 71) and have 3 great kids. We served 20 years in the Air Force as an officer and retired to a little town outside of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. I currently teach Terrorism courses for the Federal Emergency Management Agency in the mega-metropolis of Emmitsburg, Maryland (pop. 1,400). We're totally enjoying life and the peace and quiet of small town living.
Shelley Owens (now Woods)
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Occupation: Retired
- Message: Isn't Facebook wonderful? For years I have been searching for several of my old friends and classmates from Castle Park. It looks like everyone is doing well. I retired from Southwestern Bell Telephone Company after 30 years and went to work in an OBGYN office. I was married for 28 years - Rick passed away 7 years ago. We have 3 wonderful children, Jenn 33, Amanda 29 and our son Jordan who is a Senior this year. His being a senior this year has brought back alot of memories of my senior year as well. I traveled from Cali to Arkansas where I have lived for the past 35 years, only to work with a girl who graduated from one of our arch rivals in 1970- Sweetwater! She still remembers us burning the CP in their football field. Would love to hear how each one of you have been doing- email me.
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Occupation: Secretary/Adult School Teacher
- Message: I have worked for SUHSD for 13 years now and still keep in touch with quite a few people from high school. I have a son Tyler 17 who will be graduating from CPH this June. My daughter Sarah 15 is a tenth grader at CPH. I am now raising my niece Leah 12 (sadly my sister Alice Perez class of 1972 passed away on June 13, 2000). E-mail me with any scoop for a 30th class reunion. Take care everyone!
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (resubmit email address - Webmaster)
- College: Southwestern College San Diego State University
- Occupation: Retired nurse, Volunteer with the Oblates of Immaculate Mary
- Message: Everything is still current, only would like to inform you of a new e-mail address. Just recently returned from a very long vacation to the Eternal City, Rome Italy. Was divorced, and now married. Children on the way
Herbert G. Porter
- E-Mail: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- College: Western Washington University BA, BA in Ed, MEd; Air Command and Staff College, Air War College
- Occupation: High School Spanish Teacher, Senior Officer WA Air National Guard
- Message: Since my last update in 2004, there have been some significant life changes. On the civilian side, my wife Mona and I have four grown children of which three are married. All four are four-year college graduates. We have three grandchildren, two of them fraternal twins. Our son is a GIS Supervisor for a mid-sized city in Washington State. One daughter works as an Import Specialist for Customs and Border Protection. Another daughter is a police officer, while the youngest daughter works as a para-legal for a local law firm. I am currently in my 31st year of teaching Spanish as a designated Master Teacher at Ferndale High School in Ferndale, WA. I also worked for 13 years as a part-time Customs, Immigration, and CBP Officer. On the military side, I am a Colonel in the WA Air National Guard, currently serving as the Assistant Director of Operations, HQ WA ANG. My main responsibilities deal with Homeland Security and Domestic Operations. Prior to that, I worked as the J-5 Director of Strategic Planning and
Government/Community Affairs for the Joint Force Headquarters, WA National Guard. In addition, I served as the Executive Officer to the Adjutant General of the State of Washington and I also was a commander of a combat communications squadron. Another highlight in my military career was being selected to lead and command the first ever Air National Guard Information Warfare Squadron in cyber operations. Today it is known as one of the Air Force's pre-eminent cyber warfare organizations. I thank God everyday for my wonderful family and all the life experiences that I have experienced in the last forty years.
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- College: San Diego State University
- Occupation: Controller
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Occupation: Self employed (computers)
- Message: I am a single-divorced father of three children. Their ages are 14, 17, and 19. My son is currently employed, at Chula Vista Adult School. His job functions include the designing and the implantation of the schools LAN, including the computer systems being used through-out the school. Being a native San Diegan it seems only right that I still live here. One of my homes is located in Bonita overlooking the Coronado bridge and San Diego bay. Being self-employed in the computer industry allows me the ability of keeping abreast of the newest technologies being used now and in the future. My travels include Europe, US and Mexico. My hobbies include fishing, golfing and coaching my daughters soccer team. I am looking forward to retiring and traveling through-out the world.
Judy Senter (now Petersen)
- E-Mail: Senterpetersen@hotmail.com
- College: Attended Whitworth college and various other Washington schools for upper graduate credits.
- Occupation: Teacher
- Message: I am in awe of this web site! For me it's a walk back in time to visit this page. Also, it's great mental exercise to curb the premature onset of Alzheimer's disease (a genetic gift from my family). The years have simply whooshed by too fast. I attended Whitworth College in Spokane, Washington from 1974-1975... married a college sweetheart in 1979. I have been teaching for 21 years. Ouch! (can't be that old)... I've taught Jr. High for the last 13 years. Great age to teach English, Social Studies and Art. Done some traveling to Europe with students as well. Dabbled in writing and finished a book. The genre is contemporary fiction. I tired of the editing process and took a long break. Now it's back to the tedious job of rewriting. Interested parties are becoming impatient with me. I have 3 beautiful children. Eric (16), Kristie (13), and Kaylee (11). Since they have no stellar achievements as of yet and seem to be normal, healthy teenagers, I'll describe them using the "Wet Paint" anaolgy. Eric must touch the painted area to see if it's really wet. Kristie simply avoids the painted object. And Kaylee will find someone else to touch it for her. Other newsworthy items on my life...I divorced in 1995, have two dogs, a rabbit, and am taking graduate courses on counseling. Since I try to get down to San Diego at least once a year it would be fun to hook up with a few friends from my past! Say hello sometime...I'd love to hear from you! My E-mail is Senterpetersen@hotmail.com
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- College: BS Biology & Chemistry , 1979, MPA 1990 ,California State University, San Bernardino
- Occupation: Senior Management Analyst
- Message: Greetings, After twenty plus years working as a Supervising Hazardous Materials Management Specialist for Riverside County, Department of Environmental Health, I decided to hang up my "Level A" suit and SCBA (self contained breathing apparatus) and replace them with a suit and tie. I took a promotion to the Riverside County Executive Office where I help coordinate and manage the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Stormwater program for the county. I am also involved with annexations and incorporations of county land to become cities in what is called the LAFCO process. I also chair various countywide committees including the metal theft taskforce and the wind energy taskforce. I also dabble in grant writing and sensitive environmental related projects. Pam (Maki- CP Class of 72)and I recently purchased a beautiful second home in Carlsbad overlooking the ocean. We spend most of our weekends there enjoying the beach and escaping the hot San Bernardino summers. We plan to retire to the Carlsbad house in the next few years. Pam continues to teach fifth grade GATE for San Bernardino Unified School District. Our two beautiful daughters, Jen and Kristin are both college gradates. Jen is married and a school teacher like her mom and Kristin is engaged to be married, living in New York and an accountant. Pam and I will be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary July 2008. Time certainly flies by quickly. Recently, we reconnected with Chet and Cindy Kassotis. We discovered that we only live about 12 blocks from each other in San Bernardino, CA. Small world!! I hope all is well with all of our CP friends. Mike and Pam Shetler.
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Message: Hey everybody! Way too much to talk about in this little bitty forum. Suffice it to say that I'm well and back in Chula Vista after a 10 year absence. And no, I wasn't institutionalized! Any way, I would love to hear from any and all of you. Has anybody seen or heard from Cheryl Johnson Soto Garner Nativo? Evelyn, I know you're out there. Please tell Ms. C that I'm looking for her. Thanks.
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- College: B.S- Calif. Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo. M.A.- Azusa Pacific University
- Occupation: Teacher
- Message: Hello Alumni: This is Stan Spate, ASB President from the class of 1971. I never left San Diego and am currently residing in San Carlos. I am currently in my 35th year of teaching in the San Diego Unified School District. I have been married for 34 years to Judy Spate (Meditz), a Chula Vista alum from the class of 1970. We have two sons 28 and 30 years old. I spend most of my time working on and showing my award winning 1931 Ford Model A Deluxe Phaeton hot rod. You may have seen my car at the San Diego County Fair or the Goodguys car show. It won best of show "Peoples Choice" this year (2012) at the Fair. I am a member of the East County Cruisers car club. Drop by and see me at some Wednesday night El Cajon Cruise on main street in El Cajon. Here is to your good health and long life. Stan Spate
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Home Page: http://www.intbuscon.com
- Message: After leaving CPHS I hung around San Diego for awhile and then moved to Los Angeles, (of all places Hollywood to be exact), for a few years. I then moved to the San Francisco Bay Area where I lived in Alameda for awhile, which is where I met my current wife Debbie. We were married in the Oakland Hills on October 17, 1981 and just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. About 14 years ago we moved from Alameda, California to Lancaster, Pennsylvania, (Amish Country), so that my wife could live near her only sister Melissa who is a late stage M.S. patient. We lived in Lancaster, Pa for about 12 years. While there I founded and still head a company that specializes in arranging for commercial, international loans called International Business Consulting, Inc. (website www.intbuscon.com) and also got into boating on the nearby Chesapeake Bay wherein we bought a 50 foot flybridge motoryacht by the name of GYPSY 111. After suffering thru 12 Pennsylvania winters, (what was a guy from Southern California living in a place like Pennsylvania in the winter anyway?), I finally had it and convinced my wife to come with me as we motored our yacht down the Inter Coastal Waterway to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. We both love Hilton Head and so we decided to live and work aboard our yacht until our house in Lancaster, PA. sold which just happened in July-2001. Also during July-2001 we bought a place here on Hilton Head @ Windmill Harbour Plantation and keep our yacht in the yacht harbor near our home. If you're ever in the area or are planning on coming here to golf, play tennis, vacation or any other reason, don't hesitate to call me @ (843) 682-3570. You're all welcome and I'd love to talk with anyone who was in the class of 1971, (can't believe it's been 30 years), at Castle Park High.
Deborah Villalobos (now Iapala)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Occupation: Homemaker
- Message: Hi...it's nice to read about a lot of the people I went to school with. Even though I was somewhat shy and didn't talk a lot, I remember a lot of people and i'm happy to hear that you're all doing so well. This is an update of my life/story...Last one I wrote must've been about 10 years ago. Right after graduating from CPH I went to Southwestern College for a little over a semester...just like high school, I had a hard time concentrating in class so I just decided to quit. I got a job as a secretary at UCSD. During this time I married and had three sons (Steven (35); Benny (33); and Matthew (31). I worked there for about 10 years. I divorced and decided to work closer to home so I re-located to the Sweetwater School District Office here in Chula Vista. I married Ronnie Iapala and we have two girls.. .Vanessa (25); and Veronica who would have been 22. She passed away at the age of 20...our baby was born with cerebral palsey...severely. She required 24/7 care so I quit my job to take care of her. We were fortunate that Ronnie had a good job with the district with excellent insurance. Veronica was our gift from God...she blessed this family in so many ways I can't even begin to explain it. Vanessa received a full athletic scholarship (softball) to Oregon!
State University. She graduated in 2007 and is presently looking to returning to school as she wants to be a special ed teacher (her younger sister has influenced everything she does. Vanessa gave birth to a little girl "Noelle Veronica Mishay" (Veronica Mishay after sis.) In addition to Noelle, we have a total of 5 grandkids three are 14, two are 9, and Noelle is 6 months. Our Veronica passed away on December 17, 2007. If that wasn't bad enough, my mother passed away four months later and Ronnie's mother passed away a month after her. It was a very hard time for all of us but we've learned to appreciate and enjoy each other as if there is no tomorrow.
- Occupation: Marriage and Family Therapist Intern
- Message: Greetings Castle Park alumni! It's so fun to check in and see how everyone is doing. Our 35th reunion this past summer was wonderful. We all had a great time reconnecting and trying to dance without Aleve! Where did the energy go... Just completed my graduate degree and a stint with a local elementary school, serving 34 children, ages 5-16. Loved every minute and everyone of them. My son, Ryan, is 28 years old this year. Hard to believe this time has flown so quickly.
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Occupation: Workers' Compensation Adjuster
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Occupation: Carpenter
- Message: Hi everyone, Well I married to Cheryl Krzoska (class of CPHS 78). We have 2 children 1 girl and 1 boy. Still living just down the street from Castle Park. Hope to see everyone at the mega reunion.
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College: UCSD
- Occupation: Software Engineer
- Message: After knocking around for 10 years trying various jobs intermixed with school I stumbled upon what I made my career: computer software. I worked as a programmer for various companies, both big and small, for about 15 years and have been a consultant for over 5 years now. I finally graduated from UCSD in 1993 after many years of torturing the faculty and administration of that fine institution. I still live in San Diego (Carmel Valley) with my wife and four year old daughter. I married Marty in 1990 and we adopted Miranda in 1997 from China when she was 10 months old. My "two girls" are miraculous people who teach me something new every day! Hobbies include working on a couple cars and umpiring high school baseball here in the county.
Back to Alumni Directory
Back Home to CPHS Alumni Home Page
Castle Park High School Alumni Home Page.
Last revised: December 27, 2010 12:32